Get into the Groove with the latest seating design from Smith System! This solid shell, cantilever classroom stack chair has a flex you can feel and a streamlined aesthetic that doesn't look institutional- but performs like it. The cantilever frame design makes ingress and egress a faster, less disrupting process, as well as allows the chair to easily be perched on a desk or tabletop during routine floor cleaning. Groove is designed with a "flex" vapor-cushion seat surface with gentle contour and a generous waterfall seat front to support circulation. The slightly higher upper-back shell has a gentle flex at the top and opens the contours up for a comfortable, reclining position. The ergonomic seat pan and subtle shell contours support movement in a working posture at a desk and sideways sitting.
Smith System high-tech gas-assist injection molding not only keeps the seatback strong and flexible, but it eliminates the exposed structural “ribs” on the back of the chair’s shell. It’s sleek and calm, yet familiar. It’s a crossover chair that quietly blends in anywhere: classrooms, cafeterias, flex studios, maker spaces and more.
- 18" seat height only; recommended for 5th grade and up
- Cantilever frame design for easy ingress and egress and perches easily on tables during routine floor cleaning
- High density polypropylene shell formed with high-tech, gas-assist injection molding
- Ribless back design is sleek and easy to clean
- Contoured back with gentle flex at top for slight reclining position
- Generous waterfall seat front to support circulation to legs and feet
- 12-gauge steel welded tube legs
- 16-gauge mounted plate with metal to metal riveted connection
- Shell rests on the frame and, not rivets, to add comfort
- Choice of chrome or platinum powder-coat frame finish
- Durable glides with non-staining nylon bases are standard
- Optional felt glides available
- Chairs are made to order and are non-returnable