October 3, 2019
Long gone are the days of "cemetery rows" in modern classrooms! The power and effectiveness of collaborative learning has been studied and documented for over fifty years. Far more than a passing fad, collaborative learning is an integral component of forward-progressing 21st-century learning.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="459"]
Silhouette Arc Desk by Smith System[/caption]
learning engages students, inspires critical thinking and increases growth and achievement in students of all ages.
Providing Innovative Collaborative Instruction
Firstly, one obstacle to providing innovative collaborative instruction is outdated traditional classroom furniture. To address that limitation, schools all over the country are upgrading classroom furnishings to support dynamic collaborative learning. The ideal modern classroom supports collaborative and 21st-century learning with space-efficient and adaptable classroom furniture.
Smith System collaborative seating allows educators to create the ideal modern classroom environment. Featuring dynamic configuration options to support meaningful and engaging collaborative learning. Educators will love the ease with which Smith System furniture can be moved and reconfigured for different classes, lessons, or activities. Students will appreciate the ergonomic design, durability, and attractiveness of Smith System products.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="650"]
Oodle Active Seating Stool by Smith System[/caption]
Highlights of Smith System collaborative furniture include:
- Seating packages are durable, affordable, and versatile
- Desks support 21st-century learning by providing ample room and stable, flat surfaces for laptops and other learning devices
- High-pressure laminate surface prevents damage and is easy to clean and care for
- Desks are adjustable in one-inch increments and pre-drilled for easy assembly
- Multiple desk shapes and configuration options allow seating for up to eight students in a group
- Chairs come in a variety of sizes, styles, and colors
- Chairs stack easily to create more open space for dynamic learning opportunities
- All pieces are created to work together and are designed to be easily moved
- Pieces can also be used independently- creating even more flexibility and accessibility to support dynamic learning opportunities
Inspire active innovative collaborative learning and instruction with Smith System products at Worthington Direct!