What Defines a Computer Desk?
Computer desks serve as furniture that can fit computers comfortably and aesthetically while providing ample workspace for other activities. They also work to conceal office equipment necessary for computer use, including computer towers, peripherals, and cables. These computer desks often also include room for printers and adjustable keyboard trays for easy access and better space management.
What Are Common Components or Accessories for a Computer Desk?
With a computer desk, you are likely to find:
- Power and USB ports for easy cable access without having to crawl under the desk
- Printer trays to provide space
- Monitor stands to help better support screen displays
- An adjustable height that can easily move the computer and keyboard for standing work
- Cable management systems that keep any cords from becoming tangled or appearing unsightly from an outside view
- Keyboard trays to provide desk space for writing
What Are the Common Uses for a Computer Desk?
Computer desks are suited for a variety of purposes:
- Work/Offices. With most desk work handled through computers, having a dedicated space to handle these machines allows more productive work habits.
- Gaming/Home Use. These desks create a comfortable environment for anyone who uses computers for recreational purposes.
- Studying/School. Computers help facilitate school activities and assignments.
- Libraries/Shared Resources. Areas that require common access to computer resources benefit from dedicated desks.
Sign up to get the latest news and special offers
Request a Catalog
Order your free catalog today!Request, View and Print »
For Public Schools and
Large & Bulk Orders
Request a Volume QuoteClick Here »
Read up on the latest trends
and find out whats new