In open air and compact office spaces, your company may need to support many employees in a single space. Give your employees a private space while keeping your overall floorplan open with modern cubicles and partitions. An open work environment can keep your company working collaboratively and promote productivity, but choosing the right materials will help set the stage for a great overall experience.
Materials and Space Considerations
Most companies looking to create a cubicle setup may experience growth in coming years, so it is important to choose a cost-effective solution. Besides, it will look great over time and permits additions without new furniture looking out of place. Remember, the more room you give each individual employee, the more appreciated and valued he or she will feel, which can help improve overall morale.
Look for durable materials like vinyl and steel for easy cleaning and performance over time. Consider what each employee routinely works with in a given space. If staff need to use fax machines, individual printers, scanners, and other technological devices, make sure that the cubicle area has enough space to allow for a comfortable range of movement while accommodating each item.
Privacy in your cubicle setup is an important consideration. Unless your employees work together collaboratively over a period of time, giving each staff member his or her own space should be a high priority. With square cubicle stations featuring glazed vinyl partitions, you can provide maximum workspace to your employees while keeping your overall footprint relatively small. Plus, these partitions take privacy into consideration.
If your employees frequently use the phone, consider setting up intermittent room dividers and cloth partitions to muffle the sound. These additions keep the room’s productivity level high. Other privacy partitions may extend above the desk and offer extra space for a pinup board. Many cubicles come with a partition setup so look over the specifications for your cubicles before investing in a separate partition setup.
If your current cubicle setup doesn’t offer a partition that is high enough to ensure privacy, consider adding a panel extender to provide a clear break in space between cubicles. Available in a number of different colors and several mounting capabilities, these custom-designed extenders enhance your current cubicle setup, and they add a splash of color to the workspace.
Improve Productivity with Space-Saving Features
Many cubicle setups may offer a shared space and plentiful storage, making extra filing cabinets for individual use unnecessary. Additionally, collaboration, privacy, and employee health are all important items to consider. Take a look at some of these popular cubicle setups:
- A double desk suite – Providing desk space for two employees in an area, this solution offers built-in filing, a tack-board, and a built in bookcase. Additionally, it provides plenty of desk surface area and easy access to a neighboring employee. Great for small office spaces that feature a mixture of offices and open areas, this solution will meet the needs of many.
- Square cubicle stations – A basic setup configured in a long row or in larger square stations, these cubicles offer clean functionality. With adjustable panels, replaceable parts, and removable wire control, you can easily setup these desks to accommodate your employees from day to day. Changing the work environment may boost productivity, so consider moving your setup to give your employees a brand new setting to work in.
- A collaborative double suite – With bookcases, filing space, and a wall panel for privacy, two workstations come together in this configuration. With a shared, multiuse center table and two corner computer stations, this cubicle setup is perfect for employees who work closely together.
- 4 person suite – For a center workspace, a configurable 4-person setup offers privacy and collaboration opportunities. With a built in filing cabinet in each desk area and plenty of surface space, this suite of desks is perfect for an open air office environment. Choose from a number of different finishes to match your décor, and encourage employees to keep their notes tacked to the fabric panels.
- Independent privacy stations – These compact areas are great for collaborative work environments that do not leave employees much space for personal activities. Small cubicles promote focus and are perfect for individuals working on a tablet or laptop. Use these stations in conjunction with an open table setup to provide your employees with a place to go if they need a quiet and personal space in which to work. These cubicles are also great solutions for libraries and academic environments.
- Standing stations – Healthcare providers constantly talk about the benefits of standing workstations. Give your employees the option to stand or sit with great standing height workstations that promote blood flow and keep your employees energized throughout the day. Many cubicles alternate between multiple heights and come with castors to easily move when not in use. Make your standing stations multifunctional by using them, instead of podiums, for office presentations.
After you choose the cubicle structure that suits your workspace, you need to make sure that chairs allow for optimal comfort and performance day after day. If visitors are in your workspace routinely, look for a uniform chair that is both ergonomic and stylish. It will create cohesion in the space. Remember, employees, fully supported in their chairs, are more productive in their workspaces.
Accessories for Cubicles
For more permanent cubicle arrangements, your company may want to look into shelving, overhead cabinetry, or a curved window to provide privacy and openness simultaneously. These unique solutions allow you to customize individual workstations with a sophisticated privacy and organization solution. Consider these accessories to give your overall workplace a more polished appearance. We also have a great selection of room dividers that fold up for temporary space division, or can be used as office privacy.
Learn more about our cubicle and partition solutions for your office space by contacting Worthington Direct today. We have the furniture experience you can rely on to provide the highest value in regularly used office supplies including cubicles, chairs, and partitions. Reach one of our knowledgeable representatives by going online or calling (800) 599-6636. We’re ready to help you find your perfect workstation solution.
Sign up to get the latest news and special offers
Request a Catalog
Order your free catalog today!Request, View and Print »
For Public Schools and
Large & Bulk Orders
Request a Volume QuoteClick Here »
Read up on the latest trends
and find out whats new