Classroom Tables and Office Tables
Every school or organization needs tables for almost every space. They are the backbone to any classroom or office space. Often they serve as the room's anchor, the activity and learning area, the group collaboration zone or the stand-up meeting area where clients and colleagues can gather to exchange ideas.
Tables for Schools and Tables for Offices
At Worthington Direct, you can find a wide range to meet the needs of both schools and organizations. Whether you need the flexibility of a folding table that you can pull out for student projects or a more permanent stationary solution for your conference room, our extensive selection offers options that will work within your space.
Worthington Direct makes it a point to only stock furniture from industry-leading brands, like Correll, Midwest Folding, Allied Plastics, and Virco. This lets us guarantee the quality and durability of our school tables and institutional tables.
What are the different types of tables for schools and offices?
The best type of table for your organization will depend on various factors such as specific organizational needs, user preferences, and overall size of the interior space where the tables will be placed. Worthington Direct carries several popular and versatile solutions for both education and business uses.
- Classroom and Multi-Purpose Tables: Versatile activity tables are perfect for classrooms and multi-purpose spaces. They come in various sizes, shapes, and colors to suit different needs. Folding and nesting tables are also popular for maximizing space in multipurpose areas.
- Specialized Tables: If you require tables for specialized skills, Worthington Direct offers options like makerspace and work bench tables for CET or elective classes. Sturdy science tables, computer lab tables with wiring options, and adjustable graphic arts and drafting tables are also available.
- Cafeteria and Dining Tables: Worthington Direct offers a vast selection of cafeteria tables for student lunch breaks and employee lounges. Traditional lunch tables feature attached benches or stools with a folding design for easy mobility. Outdoor picnic tables and cafe-style tables are designed for open-air dining experiences. Cafe style tables are common in corporate and higher education campuses. Often supported by a pedestal base which allows for a small footprint. Pair them with cafe seating to complete a dining experience in any commercial space.
- Conference Tables: For meeting spaces, Worthington Direct offers sturdy conference tables from the office furniture section. Available in different shapes and sizes, these tables can accommodate small or large groups and ensures everyone has a seat to connect and collaborate.
- Floor Furniture: Floor tables provide a unique seating option for students. They sit lower to the ground and are accompanied by chairs without legs, providing comfort and support while maintaining a low height. They are a great option for an early childhood education facility or any classroom that needs a more casual seating solution.
- Dry-Erase Tables: Enhance student participation and interaction with dry-erase markerboard tables and desks. These tables have a writable surface, eliminating the need for individual whiteboards. These collaborative tables are the perfect meeting place for brainstorming sessions.
- Table and Chair Packages: Simplify the ordering process by choosing packages that include matching tables and chairs. This eliminates the guesswork of finding the appropriate height, color, and style combination. This option creates a cohesive and inviting environment so your students will be ready to learn the first day of school!
How do I choose the right table for my space?
There are many factors to consider when deciding what type of table will fit the needs of your space or your organization. When shopping for a table, consider the below:
- Purpose: You’ll want to identify the primary use of the table. Is it for classrooms, multipurpose areas, cafeterias, meetings, or specialized activities like science experiments or drafting?
- Size and Shape: Also, it’s important to determine the dimensions and shape of the table that will best fit your space. Consider the available area and the number of people who will be using the table so you choose the correct size. You don’t want to overwhelm or underwhelm the space.
- Mobility: Another important consideration is the mobility of the table. Should this be a stationary table that lives in one area of your organization, like a conference room or dining room? If space is an issue, a mobile table or folding table is a great option that can be easily moved or stored when not in use.
- Features: Consider any specific features you may require, such as adjustable height, nesting capabilities, built-in benches, dry-erase surfaces, or wiring options for technology integration.
- Style and Aesthetic: Choose a table that matches the aesthetic of your space and complements the existing furniture and decor.
Knowing the different types, styles, and options will help you determine the best table to suit your specific needs and space. For more tips and info, check out our Table Buyer's Guide.
Worthington Direct makes finding the right table for your school classroom, cafeteria, conference room, employee lounge, or reception area easy! You can shop all school furniture for educational needs by visiting the different options available throughout our site. Similarly, make sure to shop all office furniture to explore our wide range of commercial and institutional furniture.
Need some help narrowing down your selection? Worthington Direct has a team of experts with more than two decades of experience in the furniture industry. Let’s talk! We are here to help you make the best investment possible for your school, office, or organization.